GMU hereby certify that all the information on this guide is valid from the date of issue, and this is the only solid information for all the applicants. GMU reserve the right for explanation and modification to this document.
Founded in 1938, Guizhou Medical University (GMU) was originally known as the National Guiyang Medical College. It was one of the nine national medical colleges under the Ministry of Education at that time. GMU has two campuses covering 134 thousands square feet, and owns 8 affiliated hospitals, 11 non-affiliated hospitals, 6 teaching hospitals, and 21 teaching institutions. GMU has 37 undergraduate majors and has over 22300 full time students (with 2600 postgraduates and more than 200 international students). GMU has developed into a higher education institute of medicine with influence and reputation in China from the perspective of scale, structure, quality and efficiency. GMU is also the only key provincial university in Guizhou Province that offers a complete medical training system: from Bachelor, Master, to Doctor of Medicine.
GMU International Students Program established in 2014, and recognized by WHO, CMC, ECFMG, and WCAME, majors covering Clinical Medicine, Pharmaceutical Science, Public Health, Stomatology, and Nursing etc, GMU also has Postgraduate Program and Chinese Program for international students. At present, there are more than 200 international students from 11 countries are studying in Bachelor, Master and Chinese Program in GMU.
Study in Guizhou
Guizhou Medical University is located in Guiyang, the capital city of Guizhou Province. It is called "Forest City" and honored as the “Demonstration City of Ecological Civilization” in China. It is the political, cultural, tourism and transportation center of Guizhou Province. The climate here is pleasant, with unique landforms of Karst. And the green coverage of the city reaches over 85%, ranking the first in the country.
In addition, the "China-ASEAN Education Exchange week" hosted by Ministry of Education has been held in Guizhou since 2008, which makes Guizhou colleges and universities be able to carry out in-depth educational cooperation with ASEAN countries and respond positively to the national Belt and Road policy.
Affected by the worldwide epidemic, our school’s admission plan is as follow:
1. Clinical Medicine (in Chinese)
(1) Program Introduction
GMU Clinical Medicine program, established in 1938, is the earliest founded core major in school with most solid foundation and strong advantage.
School has 8 affiliated hospitals and program is recognized by WCAME, as to December 2020, our international students from Clinical Medicine program have passed the national medical recognition examinations held by their home countries, with the rate of 50%.
(2) Study Duration: 1+5 years
The first year of the program is preparatory stage. Through the intensive training of Chinese, General Introduction to China and medical related basic courses such as physics, mathematics, and chemistry, students can meet the requirements for entering Clinical Medicine major, which cover the ability of Chinese fluency, medical knowledge and cross-cultural communication. After completing the required courses, preparatory closure examination and HSK4, students could choose to enter Clinical Medicine Program.
Applicants must be:
· 18 to 25 years old
· Senior high school diploma or equivalent for university application
· Physically and mentally healthy
· Non-Chinese citizens
· If the applicant is immigrant from the Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan of China, he/she must hold valid foreign passport or certifications for more than 4 years (inclusive), and record covering more than 2 years residence abroad (until April 30th, 2021)
· Have no violation of disciplines, no punishment for public security, and no criminal conduct and record. Comply with Chinese laws and university regulations, and respect Chinese customs and manners.
(1) Clinical Medicine (in Chinese):
For applicant whose first language or official language is non-English, he/she is required to submit IELTS, TOEFL or other English proficiency test certificate. (IELTS no less than 6.0/TOEFL no less than 80, other English proficiency certificate refer to similar requirements);
For applicant whose first language or official language is English, he/she is required to submit English transcript from previous academic period with score no less than 75%.
Fall Semester: 25 March to 30 May (2021 September Enrollment)
1. Sign up and log in to the Online Application System of the School of Overseas Education to fill in the information and upload the application materials as required: https://gmc.17gz.org/
2. After passing the initial review of online application, you will receive an interview confirmation email. Once the interview time is confirmed, it cannot be modified. After passing the interview, it will be regarded as an official admission.
3. For applicants who have passed the application document review and the exams/assessment, a confirmation email will be sent to the applicant, and we will post the official admission notice soon. (please be noticed that the post fee shall be paid by the applicant)
NOTICE: the detailed date for enrollment registration shall be decided based on the worldwide epidemic condition.
1. One photocopy of your passport valid for at least 6 months after entry. Applicants applying from China are required to provide a photocopy of the visa page or residence permit page, and the most recent entry stamp record..
2. Official Transcripts of your senior high school or previous academic stage(including all courses taken).
3. Senior high school diploma (or certificate equivalent).
4. Certification of language proficiency (Chinese or English).
5. Original photocopy of FOREIGNER PHYSICAL EXAMINATION FORM. Applicants can download the form from the website of our school and then go to the designated hospital in your host country for physical examination. The results are valid for 6 months.
6. Bank statements cover the record for at least the last six months.
7. Your seat for registration will only be reserved after you have paid 650 registration fee and first year tuition fee by bank remittances. Details for school account are to be stated in your admission notice. Applicants who fail to pay the fee on time will be regarded as giving up on his/her application.
*All certification materials must be original or notarized. You are required to provide the notarized translation if the documents are in languages other than Chinese or English.
*Please pay attention to the status of your online application. Online application review typically takes around 1-2 weeks after submission. Upon passing the initial review, please download the International Student Application Form for Guizhou Medical University. The form must be completely filled in (attach a passport photo to the form) and signed by the applicant. The form must be hand-delivered to our school at the time of registration.
*If necessary, GMU will ask the applicant to submit additional materials. Applicants can also look through the website of our department or contact us to confirm the required application materials. The above materials are not refundable under any circumstance, regardless of the admission decision, the date of filing, time of review, or if for whatever the reason, the application is withdrawn or you are unable to enroll for a class.
Upon the initial review, GMU will arrange interview for the applicant, more details about it is to be confirmed.
· Interview Notice: Early June, 2021
· Interview Time: Mid to late-June, 2021
Admission and Registration
1. Admission will be determined according to applicant’s academic performances and interview result.
2. Admission results will be published at the end of July or early August on our website.
New students must register online by the time specified in the Admission Notice. After online registration, GMU will reserve the JW202 form and other certificate for visa application.
Applicants who failed to register online and pay all the fees as requested in time, his/her qualification shall be canceled, as well as JW202 form.
The accurate date for entering China and come to GMU will be updated according to the worldwide epidemic condition, please keep following our website and wechat account.
1. Tuition fee: Calculated in RMB
Clinical Medicine (in Chinese)
Second to Sixth Year
Given the limited dormitory resources, dormitories of double rooms will be open for application after registration.
These items need to be renewed on yearly basis
Residence Permit Update
GMU offers following scholarship for outstanding students:
1. Guizhou Provincial Government Scholarship for Excellent International Students
2. President Scholarship of Guizhou Medical University
Language Proficiency Scholarship;
3. International Students Individual Scholarship
Cultural and Sports Scholarship;
4. International Students Honorary Titles for:
Best Class Officer
5. International Students Work-study Subsidy
School of Overseas Education
Coordinator: Vissy YANG
Room 609, Chouqin Building,Guizhou Medical University,
Huaxi University town, Guiyang City, Guizhou Province 550025
People's Republic of China
Tel: (+86)0851 88121673
Guizhou Medical University: http://www.gmc.edu.cn/index.htm
School of Overseas Education: http://soe.gmc.edu.cn/index.htm
Online Application System: https://gmc.17gz.org